Buy Mini PC at Joule Performance Switzerland
Impressive computing power doesn't take up much space these days. The latest technology makes it possible. The compact Mini PCs are replacing conventional tower systems in many places.
A look back at the history of Mini PCs
More than 10 years ago, processor manufacturer Intel asked its engineers to find the smallest possible motherboard that used standard components and could keep up with desktop PCs without sacrificing performance. The result was a motherboard measuring 10 x 10 cm, from which the Mini PC series called NUC (Next Unit of Computing) was developed. The trend towards mini PCs was born.
Due to their small dimensions, small PCs are particularly suitable for the following areas of application:
Mini PCs as ideal digital signage players
The Mini PCs from Joule Performance Switzerland have elementary features that make them perfect media players for digital signage solutions:
- Small size, allowing the Mini PC to be discreetly mounted in a wall, in a pedestal or behind the display.
- Easy mounting, as the Mini PCs are equipped with standardised Vesa mounts.
- Fully Windows PC, which can be adapted to the changing requirements of the digital signage solution with the installed OS.
- Quiet, because the Mini PCs have their noise emissions under control. Models range from very quiet to completely silent with fanless Mini PCs.
- Low operating temperature, because the intelligent performance control prevents unnecessary heating.
- 4K graphics, so that videos in 4K resolution are displayed in the highest quality.
- Remote control, so the player can be rebooted and serviced via the internet.
Conference room equipment with mini PC
A computer in the meeting room connects the conference infrastructure and provides the link to the company network. It is ideal if this PC operates silently and can be discreetly hidden.
Joule Performance Mini PCs with their attributes are the best solution for meeting rooms. They meet all important requirements and provide meeting participants with a comfortable infrastructure.
- Integrated: as fully-fledged Windows systems, the Mini PCs in meeting rooms are integrated into the company network so that participants can access all necessary data and applications.
- Compact: the small-format Mini PC can be discreetly mounted on the back of a display using the standardised Vesa bracket. The conference room is tidy.
- Quiet: to ensure nothing disturbs the concentration of meeting participants, the Joule Performance Mini PCs operate virtually noise-free.
- Remote control: System administrators can remotely start up and shut down the Mini PC and apply the latest updates. (Requires a vPRO-capable processor). Despite many changing users, the Mini PC always remains operational.
Small PC in the home office
It is hard to believe that a mini PC measuring barely 10 x 10 centimetres contains the computing power for huge Excel calculations, for sophisticated image editing and even video playback in 4K resolution. However, the Mini PCs are in no way inferior to conventional office PCs. With their space-saving format, they are therefore also widely used as home office systems.
PC components are getting smaller with each new computer generation and at the same time are becoming more and more powerful. That is why mini PCs today perform like their large-format counterparts. They are small all-rounders that are clearly the better choice in many cases.
- The advantage of a mini computer is its compact design and the space it saves. It replaces the large housing under or next to the desk and offers convenient access to the connections on the device. Many Mini PCs come with a VESA mount, which allows the PC to be attached to the back of the monitor or TV.
- Quiet operation: One of the significant strengths of the small PCs is their barely perceptible noise level and extremely low power consumption.
- A Mini PC in combination with an LED monitor is extremely economical. Especially if an Intel processor of the "ultra-low voltage" type is installed in the PC. SSDs as storage media also require significantly less power than mechanical hard disks. If you also use the energy settings of the Windows control panel, you can get even more out of it.